Monday, September 26, 2011

C+ on my Sneaky Plays

You win some, you lose some.

I was admittedly a little erratic on this week's Sneaky Plays, but I did successfuly pick a couple of gems:

Victor Cruz
Prediction: Close to 100 yards as the default possession receiver. Conceivably giant day.
Actual: 110 yards and two TDs. Giant day. Three rec
eptions hardly counts as a possession receiver, but I'll take it. This breakout should establish him as the kind of consistent sneaky WR3 play that Manningham was last year.

Lance Moore
Prediction: Over 100 yards on 8+ receptions.
Actual: 9 receptions, although only 88 yards. And a TD. Again, I'll take it. Like I said, he was cheap before this game - not anymore.

As well as a couple of duds:

Patrick Crayton
Prediction:
100+ yards and a touchdown.
Actual: 47 yards, no TD. Malcom Floyd's unexpected presence put a little crimp on things, but he probably wasn't 100 percent and Gates was out, so Crayton shouldn't have come up this short. But I'm seriously stumped by the whole team on this one. Anyone not named Mathews had a disappointing fantasy day, particularly given the advance expectations.

Chad Ochocinco
Prediction:
75+ yards and a TD.
Actual: 28 yards. In my defense, he dropped a sure TD that would have put him right into my projected range, but that's my fault for trusting him! I knew I'd get burned.

David Nelson was the only one of my big four WR waiver picks that met the receiving yardage expectation of 70+, but failed to find the end zone. Denarius Moore did, but it came on a crazy 23-yard gadget run that saved an otherwise quiet fantasy day. Titus Young and Eric Decker were closer to 50 yards. OK, but nothing you couldn't find on the waiver wire any week.


No comments:

Post a Comment